South Sydney High School logo

South Sydney High School

South Sydney High School

Care Opportunity Success

Telephone02 9349 3868


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit sTpe school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

How to enrol - Year 6 into Year 7

In NSW government schools, applying to move from primary school to high school is a 2-step process that starts with an Expression of Interest. Visit the moving to high school page to learn more about the process.

  • If you have received an offer from our school for placement into Year 7 next year, the next step is to visit online enrolment to proceed with the offer and complete the enrolment application.
  • If you did not submit an expression of interest or are not eligible, visit online enrolment to start a new application to our school.
  • If you submitted your expression of interest using a paper form, or would prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form.

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Please download a Preliminary enrolment form and bring in to the school along with your Application to enrol in a NSW Government School and supporting documentation. Non-local applicants should contact the school to enquire on place availability in appropriate Year group.

View our current prospectus for further information about our amazing school.

South Sydney High School Enrolments

The designated local area for South Sydney is made up of the suburbs of Botany, East Botany, Banksmeadow and parts of Maroubra and Pagewood. Students from the local area are entitled to a place at South Sydney High School as their local school. 

Students entitled to enrol directly into a public school include:

  • Australian and New Zealand citizens
  • Students granted permanent residence.

All information on South Sydney High School including non local enrolments can be found in the South Sydney High School Enrolment Policy (PDF 99KB). 

Transition from Year 6 to 7

Students enrolled in a NSW government school

Students and parents/caregivers are provided with information about this process by their primary school early in Year 6. The primary school will manage the completion of applications and coordinate the process with our school.

Students enrolled in non-government primary school

The parents/caregivers of any child enrolled in a non-government primary school may complete the Moving into Year 7 in a NSW Government school form which must be returned to the school no later than close of business on Friday 28th March 2024.

If yo are unable to to download, please contact the school for a copy. The school office number is (02) 9349 3868.

Our enrolment officer will then coordinate the application process with the parent/caregiver. 


Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.


Immunisation requirements for all new enrolments

As part of a review of the Public Health Act 2010, the provisions relating to immunisation in schools have been amended for students enrolling in a NSW Governement school for the first time.

From 1 April 2018 secondary schools must request that parents provide an approved immunisation certificate that shows their child's immunisation status at enrolment.

This change has been made to collect accurate information about children's immunisation status and to help manage disease outbreaks at school and in the community.

A copy of your child's immunisation history can be requested by parents or guardians:

  •  using their Medicare online account through the MyGov website
  •  using the Medicare Express Plus App
  •  calling the Australian Immunisation Register general enquiries line on 1800 653 809 

You can find more information regarding these changes at the NSW Health website.