International students must fulfill all school requirements at all times. They must also meet some external requirements.
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) requires students to have a minimum of 80% attendance for each term and semester of enrolment. The school monitors attendance every week. In any given term, a student must not be away for more than seven days.
If an unforeseen circumstance or illness prevents a student from regular attendance, then a Doctor's Certificate must be brought to the school.
There are a number of regulations attached to a student visa, including:
- Students must meet attendance requirements (explained above) and course requirements.
- Students under 18 years of age must maintain their accommodation and welfare arrangements (as approved by the Department of Immigration or the DET International Students Centre).
- Students must request approval to change these arrangements.
- Students must notify their school within 7 days of any changes to their address or contact details.
- Students must not defer or suspend their studies unless there are exceptional circumstance; such as serious illness or bereavement (students must first obtain the principal's approval).
- Students must not change their education provider for the first 6 months of study.
- Students with a work permit must not work more than 20 hours per week during school term (it is strongly recommended that school students do not work more than 10 hours).
How to apply
To apply (or for further information about entry requirements, application procedures, welfare arrangements, fees and payments) contact:
- find more information online at internationalschool.edu.au, or email email@example.com
- for mail-in requests, please send mail to:
DET International Students Centre
Locked Bag 53
Darlinghurst, NSW, 1300, Australia
- to enquire in person or telephone the Customer Service Centre:
827-839 George Street
Sydney, NSW, 2000 Australia
Telelphone: +61 2 8289 4777
Fax: +61 2 8293 6928
CRICOS Provider Name - NSW Department of Education and Communities (Schools)
CRICOS Provider Code - 00588M