Welcome to our website and South Sydney High School.
I am proud to lead South Sydney High School - a successful, forward thinking and caring school. We offer a comprehensive curriculum that caters for a range of students who achieve outstanding academic results and post school pathways. The school is embracing innovative ways to support future focused learning and our hard working, dedicated staff continue to be both adaptive and responsive to the needs of all our learners. There are many opportunities where students can develop skills such as critical thinking, communication, creativity and collaboration, including:
- Flexible work spaces being redesigned in collaboration with students
- After school robotics and coding club
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) programs for girls in Year 8-10
- Strong business partnerships and access to industry experts
- Industry visits to innovative workplaces
- Quality performing arts and showcase events
- South Sydney Club for Intelligent Minds (SSCIM)
- Professional learning and project based cross faculty projects
- Academic enrichment stream.
Our school is driven by quality teaching, learning, relationships, connections and systems which is achieved through our strategy of innovation, excellence and individualised learning, where students are the centre of what we do. South Sydney High School is small enough to care about individual students but big enough to offer a broad range of subjects to meet the needs of a range of students. Our job is not to limit opportunities but be broad enough to capture all.
Enjoy reading and viewing our school website and learning what makes our school, South Sydney High School, the special place that it is.
If you would like more information, please call the school on (02) 9349 3868 to organise a tour, or follow us on Twitter and our Facebook page.
I look forward to welcoming you into our learning community.